Monday, October 26, 2009

Paul Haggis- "Crash" Director


http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/crash39-director-paul-haggis-quits-scientology-ap
I wasn't a huge fan of "Crash."  I thught it was a little schmaltzy and simplistic- so that's not why this guy gets a badass stamp of approval today.  Homeslice quit Scientology (sure, I'll capitalize it) which is, I hope, a sign of things to come for the "church" that isn't.  But more than that his reason for quitting: Scientology's stance against gay marriage.  Now it would have been awesome if he just said, "well, after 35 years I realized this was bullshit" but it may be better that he said (I paraphrase), "I can't sit idly by and let you guys consent to discrimination against gay people... it's especially hypocritical, because this town is known as a Mecca for gays, and my two sound guys have been together since before I started making movies." 
So, no more Scientolo because of gay rights, plus a little face stubble in the pic equals the badass stamp of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment